This page is currently under construction. To have your organisation listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Miss Aayden | Miss Aayden is a sex educator, sex blogger, sex toy reviewer, radio host, and professional Dominatrix of 14 years. She lends her skills as an events coordinator and host to many local organisations, most recently including Calgary FapCon, and is sponsored and endorsed in her myriad business ventures by a wide variety of companies, including Tantus, Electrasim, Good Vibrations, Bad Dragon, We-Vibe, and Lovehoney. Her latest project will see the adaptation of her popular radio show, Yes Mistress! into an independent podcast. We are lucky to count her among our team of Little Shop Workshop sex educators. Check out her blog and more on her website.
- Alberta Society for Kink (A.S.K.) | Founded in 2004, this organisation is responsible for well-known Calgary events like the Kinky Flea Market, and the Taboo Dungeon at the Taboo Naughty But Nice Show. They serve the community by creating space (online and through events) for kinksters, and smaller or more specific kinky interest groups to congregate or communicate.
- Calgary Adult Playground Club (CAPC) | CAPC is a private adult social club located in Calgary that offers an upscale environment for people to explore their sexuality.
- Club Rendezvous | Established in 1983, Club Rendezvous is Calgary’s longest running swinging lifestyle club. They have established a reputation in the city for their dedication to providing a comfortable and pleasant environment in which couples can experience the swinging lifestyle. They host regular Couples and Singles Mixers every Friday evening (LSOP now operates a small vendor’s booth at these events), and themed parties on Saturday nights. Check out their website for information on events and becoming a Club Rendezvous member.
- The Taboo Naughty But Nice Sex Show | Hosted by Canwest Productions, this annual event is hosted in cities across Western Canada. These licensed shows bring adult lifestyle and product companies, educators, performers, and celebrities together for a weekend of sexy fun. Little Shop of Pleasures has attended as an exhibitor at the Calgary show since the event’s inception in 2001, and continues to work with the show as both an exhibitor and sponsor.
The following are organisations local to the Calgary and surrounding communities that offer inclusive and sex positive services/support/education.
- Alberta Sex Positive Education & Community Centre (ASPECC) | ASPECC is an Edmonton-based non-for-profit organisation that works to promote sex positive values. They do this by raising awareness, providing education, and by offering low or no cost rental space to other sex positive non-profits and educators.
- Calgary Centre for Sex Positive Culture (CCSPC) | The CCSPC is a Calgary-based organisation that promotes and facilitates sex positive education, culture, and space. They serve the community by offering educational workshops, as well as play parties and social events, and by offering space in which other organisers and educators can facilitate their own sex positive events.
- Calgary Communities Against Sexual Assault (CCASA) | CCASA provides accessible and inclusive support and services to address the needs of survivors of sexual abuse and assault, as well as those of their family, and the greater community. For more information on CCASA, the services the provide, and to access their support and information phone lines, visit their website.
- Calgary Outlink Center For Gender and Sexual Diversity | The Calgary Outlink Center promotes and provides support and community connectedness for all gender and sexually diverse people.
- Calgary Rope Lovers | This local group runs Rope Night, a monthly event for rope enthusiasts of all experience levels to meet, share knowledge, and practice their skills. Check them out at the Calgary Rope Lovers Fetlife Page.
- Calgary Sexual Health Centre | The Calgary Sexual Health Centre is a not-for-profit organisation that provides evidence-informed, non-judgemental sexual and reproductive health programs and services. They serve the Calgary community in a wide variety of ways, including offering counselling, the operation of the WiseGuyz program, hosting the Gender Creative Families Night, and much more.
The following print resources are recommended by Little Shop of Pleasures. When possible, shop links are provided.
- The 5 Love Languages, by Gary Chapman | This book, by Dr. Gary Chapman, is a favourite of LSOP owners Chris and Don, and a frequent talking point in their intimacy workshops. The book can be purchased online here, and a PDF of the Love Languages test can be found here.
- Venus on Fire, Mars on Ice, by Dr. John Gray | Another favourite of Chris and Don’s. The list “100 Oxytocin-Producing Activities a Woman Can Engage In” from the best-selling book is used as a resource in their intimacy workshops.